Tobias
2021-04-18T09:32:55Z

I start skyelite via a task with admin rights. How can I suppress / remove this dialogue? Is there a parameter to do that

see Pic
Tobias
2021-04-18T09:41:15Z
Addendum: only the server should be started. I then use an iPad to view PFD and MFD
Aviator
2021-04-18T09:58:01Z
Hello,

The dialog cannot be removed, just clicking in any other screen spot it is automatically hidden.

Lot of users doesn't know how a web application works, so after clicking on the icon lot of them were waiting to something to popup in the screen, instead going to the web browser. That end up in a continuous support request.

I decided to popup that dialog to help users to open the browser, and again, just clicking in other spots of the screen it should disappear.

Another way to start SkyElite is by executing SkyEliteServer.exe in the server sub-folder, but also, a command line window will popup and has to be minimized. By closing command line window of the server SkyElite is also terminated.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Aviator
2021-04-18T10:03:35Z
Addendum:

If you create a windows task to execute SkyEliteServer.exe in the Server sub-folder, there is a way to start it hidden:

https://www.howtogeek.co...ommand-window-appearing/ 

I never tested this but should work, the problem then is that I cannot be closed and terminated unless from the task manager.

pmb
2021-04-18T14:12:32Z
I like the way this dialog is displayed as such, however, when I choose to Close SkyElite another question pops up "Do you really want to...?" . I would be glad to see this removed. The simulator itself has already much too many of these nasty questions.

If I really happen to close it SkyElite by accident, which may happen in 1 out of 100 cases, I'll have to restart the simulator. No big deal.

Kind regards, Michael
Aviator
2021-04-19T09:32:55Z
Hello,

I just made this small change for you all:

Download and replace SkyElite.exe by the one in the next link, and add /silent as a parameter in the shortcut or command.

https://skyelite4mfs.com...s/SkyElite_exe_v1.2s.zip 

The parameter /silent skips all in-screen messages, dialogs and closing confirmations, but keeps the tray icon menu if the user wants to use it.

This parameter can be combined with /autoclose, which closes SkyElite automatically, few seconds after the simulator is closed.

Example: "C:\Program Filesr\SkyElite for MFS2020\SkyElite.exe" /silent /autoclose

Thanks!