rrp495
2021-11-21T06:02:20Z
Hi,

I just wanted to know if SkyElite is still in active development with more updates planned?

Thanks
Aviator
2021-11-21T09:54:18Z
Hello,

Yes, It is under active development.

Version 1.3 was released time ago for product owners only, but recently as a new public release on Aerosoft. So technically is not that far release.

We are not impulsive making new updates or features and we already discussed this matter in this forum. SkyElite is very stable, and we consider it complete enough not to keep adding things without a reason.

Performance is an important matter too, we have to be very careful of what to add not to drastically kill the performance of the product in some devices.

MSFS SimConnect SDK is still beta. There are some potential features to add to SkyElite, but we cannot commit them because the SDK is not working properly or it has a lack of functions missing. A good example of this is GPS, Flight Planning and Multiplayer.

SimConnect interface shows only AI planes in multilayer mode but no other active real users are shown. GPS has limited capabilities, functions like OBS or DirectTo are simply no implemented. And even the flight plan loading, already included in v1.3 is sometimes failing.

We will keep adding features as we can see that MSFS and Asobo update and improve the SDK, but never in a hurry, because they deliver something in a release which is broken in the next one. Unfortunately we should wait until we are more or less sure that something is going to be definitive and stable.

Of course, please share what you think is missing on SkyElite or features you want to have and I will add to the list if the are not already, but as always our updates are going to be thoroughly tested and always when the SIM and its SDK is stable and ready.

Regards.
rrp495
2021-11-29T03:03:22Z
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate what you have built.

I think that you covered my main wishes in your reply. I do understand about the SDK support. I hope that they keep expanding it and you can continue to provide us with great features.

Thank you for the great work you’re doing!
2021-12-30T09:05:41Z
I am currently using the Working Title G1000NXi beta which is slated to become the default G1000 for the sim. I have found a few incompatibilities, which I guess you are already aware of. Will a version of SkyElite be developed to be compatible with the G1000NXi eventually?
Aviator
2021-12-30T09:28:47Z
Originally Posted by: Downed_Aviator 

Will a version of SkyElite be developed to be compatible with the G1000NXi eventually?

The best answer to this is: ask G1000NXi for it.

Explanation:

SkyElite is using the standard SimConnect interface to send and receive data from the simulator. Instead, G1000NXi is NOT using all the standard functions and variables available in the SimConnect interface. For whatever reason I don't know they are using internally, proprietary functions to make it to work, and I don't have standard access to those functions.

If the developers of G1000NXi make it 100% compatible with the standard SimConnect interface, SkyElite will work with G1000NXi automatically.

I hope this helps and clarify the matter.

Thanks.
2022-01-01T11:58:35Z
OK thanks, I understand.

Please may I have permission to copy this conversation to Working Title?
Aviator
2022-01-01T14:12:22Z

OK thanks, I understand.

Please may I have permission to copy this conversation to Working Title?

Sure, but please be accurate on explaining the issue to them, we are not saying that their product doesn't work,

The problem is that it changes the standards of the simconnect interface affecting negatively to other applications using simconnect.

Lot of users detected this problem AFTER installing their software and the problem dissappear when uninstalling it, so it clearly shows where the problem is.

Thank you.
2022-01-02T22:54:45Z
Possibly this might be of interest to you:

https://discord.com/chan...73984/925801467883966505 

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5] — 29/12/2021
Hello @everyone, happy holidays! We are absolutely incredibly pleased to announce that the source of our avionics framework is now available for usage for all, including some documentation on how to get started on using it in your own projects. Additionally, we are happy to concurrently release the source of our G1000 NXi for reference, up to date as of 0.10.1. Do note that this is a reference mirror only, and cannot take contributions at this time.

https://microsoft.github.io/msfs-avionics-mirror/ . For discussion on the avionics framework, please use avionics-framework. The framework is currently used in the NXi, but be warned that the APIs are subject to change as the framework matures.

We would like to thank immensely the MSFS team and everyone at Microsoft who guided us through this journey towards releasing this code to you all, and we hope that this goes to show our commitment on the MSFS team to getting you all the best tools possible to create some amazing stuff with. This is just the beginning of our journey together, and we hope you all stick around with us as it all evolves. Cheers!
Aviator
2022-01-03T09:19:29Z
Hi,

That framework they published is for avionics inside the sim, inside the aircraft cockpit. It is good for aircraft developers or in-sim instrument mods, but not for external instruments for home cockpits which is my target.

Thanks.
2022-01-03T16:27:14Z
OK. It was actually this bit that caught my eye "Additionally, we are happy to concurrently release the source of our G1000 NXi for reference,"
Aviator
2022-01-03T16:39:03Z

OK. It was actually this bit that caught my eye "Additionally, we are happy to concurrently release the source of our G1000 NXi for reference,"

Their software is open source, so they publish their latest release source code periodically. That software could be useful for aircraft developers, but not for external apps, since they use a framework of functions that works only inside the simulator aircraft.