markus_muc
2021-02-07T00:04:59Z
Hi, me again...sorry :-)

Is there any plan to see live traffic on the map ? I am using fs radiopanel that shows live traffic of MSFS 2020. But SkyElite is much better at all, but with LiveTraffic or Multiplayer-Traffic it would be a little bit better.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Markus
Aviator
2021-02-07T08:57:34Z
It is in the roadmap, but the SimConnect SDK is very poor on this feature, not sure how that other software does, but I tried with SimConnect and did not like the results at all.

SimConnect, as I know, reports the position of the plane and nothing else.

Additionally, I'm also working in a proprietary multiplayer system for SkyElite. The limitation is that it will show only your group, your friends, your selected users, not all the traffic.

Instead the pros are that lot of information is received from other players in the map: name, altitude, speed, distance, vs, bearing, and much more.

But is still in the very early stages of the development.

Aviator
2021-02-07T21:53:28Z
Originally Posted by: markus_muc 

I am using fs radiopanel that shows live traffic of MSFS 2020.

Hello again. I've been researching about multiplayer information for map, since I had lot of issues when I tried to do it and did not work.

I found information from LittleMapNav and FSUIPC stating that SimConnect interface can't provide multiplayer information and this was never implemented neither in FSX nor P3D.

I had read in the fs radiopanel page that they display traffic, so the question is: are you sure that traffic is from MSFS or the use and show VATSIM or other IVAO traffic instead?

Just want to find out exactly what they are because seems to be technically impossible to display MSFS native multiplayer information.

Thank you!
pmb
2021-02-07T22:05:51Z
I use FS-Flightcontrol (and occasionally Little Navmap) and both are indeed able to display the MSFS Live Traffic. It must come from MSFS itself as I am not a member of any such organization as IVAO etc. Little Navmap is even able to display the AI Ship Traffic

Kind regards, Michael
Aviator
2021-02-07T22:11:12Z
Yes, in the latest LittleMapNav version AI works, but not multiplayer, he also claims that is impossible using simconnect.

See Known issues section at:

https://albar965.github....stable-267-released.html 

And this one:

https://albar965.github....p-beta-263-released.html 

I'm wondering how the other tool does with multiplayer, probably they implemented other interface additionally to simconnect.

I will keep searching just in case.

Thanks!
Aviator
2021-02-14T20:16:52Z
Please check this one in the new work in progress forum:

https://4flightsims.com/...affic-Multiplayer-on-map 

Thanks.
Aviator
2021-02-15T10:05:44Z
Originally Posted by: pmb 

I use FS-Flightcontrol (and occasionally Little Navmap) and both are indeed able to display the MSFS Live Traffic

After researching a lot on the internet, both developers of Little Navmap and FSUIPC, stated that only AI traffic is displayed, not multiplayer. Both are also pointing to the SimConnect limitations.
The FS-RadioPanel VFR Map is using FSUIPC to get the traffic, so I have to guess that same limitation applies to this one.

I appreciate if you can double check what what your are seen on the map is AI only, all developers on the internet I could find and read are saying the same thing: its impossible to display MSFS Multiplayer aircraft due the SDK limitations. And also all of them point that this feature was always impossible in old FSX and P3D simulators. Only AI and VATSIM (or other networks) were allowed.

https://forum.simflight....528-multiplayer-traffic/ 

Thanks.
pmb
2021-02-15T10:23:26Z
I only use FS-FlightControl for displaying Live Traffic (i.e. real world traffic, as injected by MSFS), that's what I usually have selected in MSFS. Aside an early test in the MSFS alpha, I never use mulitplayer.

However, I am pretty sure there are apps showing multiplayer planes on a map. I recall there was an app showing the planes in a browser during the MSFS alpha already. It might have been FlightEvents

FlightEvents 

mentioned here with others

MSFS Forum 

Kind regards, Michael

Aviator
2021-02-15T10:29:04Z
I will keep my research active until I can be 100% sure of that is going on with the multiplayer data in MSFS.

Keep you posted, and many thanks for your help.

Regards.
Aviator
2021-02-15T10:39:37Z

It might have been FlightEvents

Flight Events researched, as per their documentation:

引用:

A client software needs to be run on your computer to connect Microsoft Flight Simulator to Flight Events.

Which means that is not really showing all MSFS Multi-players but only those connected to Flight Events network using their own client program.

Still pending to research FS Radiopanel, but it could be something similar, maybe fs radiopanel shows multiplayer information for those users using FS Radiopanel only, not all MSFS traffic. That could make more sense to me... but still keeping my eyes open on this...

Thanks!
Aviator
2021-02-15T11:17:44Z

I only use FS-FlightControl for displaying Live Traffic

There could be the key: Live Traffic and multiplayer traffic is not exactly the same.

Microsoft Live Traffic is injected in the SIM by FlightAware, but this is real life live traffic, not other users aircraft.

Propably FS-FlightControl is using similar sources to display live traffic from real life, but not other MSFS users aircraft.

If the approach is to display real life live traffic, it is perfectly possible to use some providers or even the same provider that injects the data on MSFS sim. (still pending of the legal side of this)

But to show other MSFS users aircraft position (multiplayer), is where the problem and limitation is.

Aviator
2021-02-15T17:50:16Z

I only use FS-FlightControl for displaying Live Traffic (i.e. real world traffic, as injected by MSFS), that's what I usually have selected in MSFS. Aside an early test in the MSFS alpha, I never use mulitplayer.

However, I am pretty sure there are apps showing multiplayer planes on a map. I recall there was an app showing the planes in a browser during the MSFS alpha already. It might have been FlightEvents

Confirmed: AI traffic generated by MSFS, and Live Traffic, both are possible to display in map and both types are reported by SimConnect as AI aircraft. Is not possible to differentiate between an AI plane generated by MSFS to be a part of the Airport Scenery or the real live traffic ones, but both are correctly reported by SimConnect and displayable on the map.

Multiplayer (other users aircraft): not possible to get them through MSFS interface directly, only if using other flying networks like VATSIM, IVAO, etc.
FlightEvents you mentioned is another flying network like VATSIM, and require their own client software to be reported to the map.

With this information confirmed we have additional information to decide the priorities to be added to SkyElite.
Thanks.