sonicviz
2022-06-06T22:42:06Z
Hi,

Elevator Reset no longer works for on the latest MSFS version.
Aileron and Rudder reset work fine.
Aviator
2022-06-07T07:46:10Z
Hello, thank you for letting us know.

In the latest version of MSFS and SimConnect interface the command to center elevator is broken. We are evaluating alternate ways to do the same function. Unfortunately is not the first time that Microsoft/Asobo breaks something after an update. So this may happen again.

I tested in my environment and rudder was not working either, only aileron worked to me. Can you please test rudder again and confirm?

We will include fixes for this, if available, for the next version of SkyElite 1.4, there is no release date yet since we are including several changes for that version.

Of course this fix will depend on finding an alternative way to set elevator trims using SimConnect. If there is no alternative we will have to wait till Asobo fixes SimConnect, since this was working in previous versions.

Keep you posted and thanks a lot for the information.
Aviator
2022-06-07T07:57:28Z
Correction: Rudder worked to me in other aircraft, only one did not work was in Cessna 172, but this issue seems related to this particular model not to SimConnect.

The only fully broken trims seems to be elevator trim.
sonicviz
2022-06-08T07:02:47Z
https://github.com/bm98/FS20_HudBar/releases  so I suggest you look at their code to see how their simconnect is working.

It's an important feature to have working, it would be great if you could just release a hot fix with it patched instead of dragging it out.

Thanks.
Aviator
2022-06-08T07:26:20Z
Hello,

Thank you for your link. We already found the solution.

SimConnect has different functions and commands to control trims. The one we were using for elevator trim was the only one working correctly from the very beginning of the sim. Seems that they fixed the other ones and now broke the one we were using (ELEV_SET command).

As I said, we already found the solution and now we have to test it to be sure it works in major number of aircraft. We will try to release a hot fix if possible, but not 100% sure of this right now since we are working on so many things. But we will try.

We don't want to drag things out, but trying to follow our development plan as much as we can to avoid exactly that fixing one thing and breaking another. Hope you understand!

I will post as soon as possible about this.

Thank you!
Aviator
2022-06-08T08:26:18Z
Hello,

Can you please download and try from this link:

https://skyelite4mfs.com...3_Server_ElevatorFix.zip 

Installation

1. Backup your existing Server sub-folder in your current SkyElite installation.
2. Download the new Server folder included in above zip link (Elevator Hot Fix) and extract replacing existing one.
3. Run SkyElite and try.

Along with the hot fix you may find very few other fixes that will come in version 1.4. (for example a change of the elevation chart position)

Please, let us know if this fixes the issue on your side!

Thanks.
sonicviz
2022-06-20T04:32:05Z
Originally Posted by: Aviator 

Hello,

Can you please download and try from this link:

https://skyelite4mfs.com...3_Server_ElevatorFix.zip 

Installation

1. Backup your existing Server sub-folder in your current SkyElite installation.
2. Download the new Server folder included in above zip link (Elevator Hot Fix) and extract replacing existing one.
3. Run SkyElite and try.

Along with the hot fix you may find very few other fixes that will come in version 1.4. (for example a change of the elevation chart position)

Please, let us know if this fixes the issue on your side!

Thanks.

Hi,

Apologies, I've been out with injury.

I'll download this and test asap.

Thanks,
sonicviz
2022-06-20T08:13:37Z
OK, ran a quick test.

Elevator control now works correctly.

However, while I don't mind the new elevation position, it means you can't use the inset map now - which is removing useful functionality.
Also, the inset map overlays some vspeeds as well.

I would keep iterating this design idea.
The elevation info position before was fine, and it meant you could also use the inset map and wind speed at the same time.
You could also rework the windspeed indicator to be smaller and also more intuitive, along the lines of the different options you get in the sim itself.
There you have three types of windspeed indicator, so you can choose which one your prefer (me personally, I just like the simple arrow + speed, through xwind is useful too sometimes).

Thanks.
Aviator
2022-06-20T08:46:33Z
Hello,

It's true that the elevation chart new position cannot be used along with the inset map, is one or the other. This change is not definitive, just an experimental idea for future 1.4 version, it can be reverted back and put the elevation chart in the original position, this is not a big deal.

Most of the people do not use both inset map and elevation chart together and we had also complains about this elevation position. Not every thing is to everyone's liking

Please, play a bit more with it and if there are cons to this new elevation position let me know your thoughts and we will revert back its position.

Wind indicators will be redesigned in version 1.4 too. I will take your advise in mind too.

Lets stay in touch and find the best configurations.

Thanks!

sonicviz
2022-06-20T09:20:36Z
>>Most of the people do not use both inset map and elevation chart together and we had also complains about this elevation position. Not every thing is to everyone's liking

I think the people you have canvassed for this design change are not very experienced. It's common using LittleNavMap to display the flight elevation profile under the map, so you can plan height changes in advance. That is what I find most useful about skyelite, because I don't have to use LNM alongside it to get the same information.

>>Please, play a bit more with it and if there are cons to this new elevation position let me know your thoughts and we will revert back its position.

I will play with it more, but I maintain you should never remove functionality that is useful and can be used in tandem, as you are constraining the utility of the app.

I suggest playing with some more design ideas, including resizing certain elements to free up more screen space.
The wind indicators and V speeds, for example, can be much smaller. You can also reconfigure the V Speeds to show on the speed tape reference, as it does on the G1000/3000 PFD, in order to me more useable in context of current speed. That removes the need for it to have a separate screen element.

Height and location are pretty key pieces of info, especially when you go exploring.

Elegant, frictionless UI/UX design isn't easy, it does take a lot of iterating and input to arrive at great solutions!
Aviator
2022-06-20T18:27:57Z
Thank you very much for your feedback.

We will revert back the elevation position for v1.4, and of course take your advise for the interface items.

The V speeds have color representation in the tape but not numeric labels on it. I will try to find a way to improve this.

There is an added difficulty to improve the UI/UX. I cannot 100% mimic standard instruments like the Garmin's

Garmin allow to use their devices for flight simulation (MSFS, X-Plane,...) for in-sim cockpit usage... inside the 3D cockpit in the aircraft, under the MSFS + Garmin agreement umbrella. But no one can use their design and functionality in external devices. It is a copyright infringement.

There are some developers outside there doing it... that I know. And Garmin knows too. But is just illegal. Is matter of time that Garmin will go against them.... or maybe not. But I'm not even taking the risk.

That means that every idea we can add to improve the UI, should be not an identical mimic of a copyrighted device.

Thanks!
sonicviz
2022-07-07T01:36:32Z
Hi,
I just noticed Rudder Trim no longer seems to work in the beta you gave me.

Please test all trims to make sure they work.

Do you have a release date on the update?
It's kind of unusable with broken trim functionality atm, it's something I use a lot.
Aviator
2022-07-07T08:54:00Z
Originally Posted by: sonicviz 

Please test all trims to make sure they work.

Hello, I did test them all before sending the link and I just tested them all just before writing this post with the TBM 930 (No mods) and they are all working well to me.

Take in mind that, as described in the manuals, not all SkyElite functions will be compatible with all the aircraft due the SimConnect Interface compatibility, variations and sometimes, bugs on that Interface. But again, just tested ALL with TBM 930 and ALL working on my side.

Additionally, I may not say that SkyElite is unusable just because a trim function does not work in a specific aircraft. SkyElite is mainly an EFIS with PFD and MAP features, trims are added there to have some kind of "extra features" for users not having trims mapped to a joystick... Normally surface controls, trims, flaps, etc are functions to have mapped in a Joystick. I understand that for some users have them in SkyElite is very useful. But no reason to say that SkyElite is unusable just because a trim button does not work.

Same happens with autopilot, SkyElite uses the very standard autopilot functions in SimConnect, but I have some planes where altitude bug set doesn't work, or vertical speed not working properly, just because that specific aircraft does not use SimConnect standards... is then SkyEltite broken? of course not. And everything of this is explained in the user manual to avoid misunderstandings.

Please, test all trims with TBM 930 and no mods on it.... the Asobo TBM seems to be the "most compatible" one with SimConnect interface.

Thanks!