pmb
  •  pmb
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2021-02-07T00:08:21Z
Hi,

here's my state. I bought SkyElite, Activated and it's starting up with MSFS using exe.xml.

I can see the PFD on the main machine in a browser (Chrome) as well as in the SkyElite browser. Fine.

I installed SkyElite on a networked machine, put the license I got into the /data directory (is this required?).

I can display the PFD on a browser (Chrome) connecting to IP:7667 of the main machine. Fine.

I do not get the SkyElite browser to work on the networked machine. If I open it I only see a white fullscreen window, which I finally killed. Plus, where do I have to input the main machine IP in this browser?

Thanks for any help, Michael
tmtsui
2021-02-07T02:33:05Z
Hi Michael,
You don't have to install another copy of the SkyElite on the network machine.
Just open the browser on the network machine, and then type in the IP of your main machine with :7667 at the url location. That should work.

Of course, you'll have to run SkyElite on your main computer first. Just run it and no need to open the browser on the main computer if you just want the network screen.

For example, the network IP of my main machine in my network is: 192.168.1.236 (you'll have to find out yours)

Then on my network computer (or other network devices, such as iPad), I just put:
http://192.168.1.236:7667  at the url space

The screen will show up.

Best,
Tom
pmb
  •  pmb
2021-02-07T02:34:19Z
Found the solution in the manual. SkyElite Browser must be running on the same machine as SkyElite (which works). Thus no need/possibility to specify an IP.

That's a bit of a pity as I prefer networked solutions for performance reasons. Perhaps it can be further developed to work on a networked machine as well?

Kind regards, Michael
pmb
  •  pmb
2021-02-07T02:36:25Z
Yes, that's for a normal browser which works. I wanted the SkyElite browser to run on the networked machine, which seems to impossible for now.

But thanks for the answer, Michael
tmtsui
2021-02-07T02:38:42Z
Originally Posted by: pmb 

Yes, that's for a normal browser which works. I wanted the SkyElite browser to run on the networked machine, which seems to impossible for now.

But thanks for the answer, Michael

I see...haha
Aviator
2021-02-07T09:12:44Z

I wanted the SkyElite browser to run on the networked machine, which seems to impossible for now

Hello, it is possible, not documented yet since is still beta:

1. Install (just copy full folder) SkyElite Browser to the remote computer.
2. Create a shortcut to SkyEliteBrowser.exe
3. Edit the shortcut and add 2 parameters: number of the monitor url_to_remote_computer
4. Example
SkyEliteBrowser.exe 1 http://192.168.1.12:7667

Please try and let me know, be sure to enter IP address of the host computer correctly, monitor number always 1 for main monitor.
pmb
  •  pmb
2021-02-07T09:55:39Z
Thank you very much. This sound great. I will try tonight and write back if it works.

Kind regards, Michael
Mughug
2021-02-07T15:31:28Z
Originally Posted by: Aviator 

I wanted the SkyElite browser to run on the networked machine, which seems to impossible for now

Hello, it is possible, not documented yet since is still beta:

1. Install (just copy full folder) SkyElite Browser to the remote computer.
2. Create a shortcut to SkyEliteBrowser.exe
3. Edit the shortcut and add 2 parameters: number of the monitor url_to_remote_computer
4. Example
SkyEliteBrowser.exe 1 http://192.168.1.12:7667

Please try and let me know, be sure to enter IP address of the host computer correctly, monitor number always 1 for main monitor.

The solution works fine.

Thank you.
Aviator
2021-02-07T16:32:42Z
Good to know!
Thanks.
tmtsui
2021-02-08T00:54:38Z
Hi,

Still not quite sure how this works.

I copied the SkyElite Browser folder to the C:\ on my Surface Pro (network)
Created a shortcut of the SkyElite Browser.exe
Then edit the shortcut as follows:

http://192.168.1.236:7667 

1) Without running SkyElite on the main PC, the screen is blank when I run this shortcut
2) With SkyElite executed on the main PC, the SkyElite screen shows up as normal when I run this shortcut

Is SkyElite needed to be run on the main PC for this method in scenerio 2 ?

If yes, what is the difference and advantage between this method and the normal approach of simply typing the url in the internet browser on the network PC ? -- or just using the SkyElite Browser instead of using Edge, Chrome or Firefox ?

If no, did I edit the shortcut wrong?

Lastly, what is the number "1" stands for ? -- meaning the first network PC ?

If I doing this on the second network PC, I'll need to put "2" , so on so forth ?

Tom
pmb
  •  pmb
2021-02-08T01:43:51Z
SkyElite must run on the main machine, otherwise it doesn't work on the networked one either. I put it into the exe.xml, as described in another thread.

SkyElite need not be installed on the networked machine. You either just open a broser there and type the IP:7667 into the address bar. Or you copy the Elite Browser directory from the main machine to the networked one and call it there using the screen (if several ones are connected) and the IP as parameters.

I tried both and both do work for me. You can even open two browsers (normal ones, not the SkyElite one which is full screen only, I think) on the same screen for the PFD/MFD on the networked machine.

The "1" is the number of the screen to start at if there's a second screen connected to the networked machine. Did't work so far for me, but I simply started the PFD, delegated it to the second screen using "+" and started another instance as MFD to stay on the main screen.

I agree, this wasn't quite clear from the docs to me either.

Kind regards, Michael
tmtsui
2021-02-08T01:51:40Z
Thanks for the explanation, Michael.
Yeah. Another option for users to call up SkyElite in fullscreen on network PC quickly.
Tom
Aviator
2021-02-08T08:39:33Z
Thanks for explaining it Michael!

Please let me know if still issues with this.
2021-06-10T15:38:02Z
Sorry to necro this but - possibly important info for others visiting this thread with the same issue.

Depending on your security/firewall settings you may need to create an exception rule for the specific PORT that is being used. (I had to do this for both SkyElite and VfrMap)
http://lexisnexis.custhe...-to-the-windows-firewall