Fran Garcia Garrido
2021-10-08T12:44:48Z
I have the 1.3 Beta version, and the problem is that the CDI key toggles NAV1 and NAV2, but it doesn't show the GPS mode. Is this a bug, or did I improperly change something in the configuration?

I'd swear that some days ago the program worked fine...
Aviator
2021-10-08T15:00:15Z
Hello,

Did you installed any new plugin recently? Some users experienced bad behavior between SkyElite and the free Working Title Garmin NXi Plugin.

Can you please try with other aircraft? Just tested with TBM900 and v1.3 and worked well to me.

Thanks!
Fran Garcia Garrido
2021-10-10T21:27:40Z
I did some tests and I think I have a clue about what's happening.

First of all, I'm using SkyElite with Just Flight's PA-28R Arrow III. I think this is very interesting. As I told you before, the problem is that the CDI key doesn't switch from NAV1 and NAV2 to GPS. The FPD only shows NAV1 and NAV2.

UserPostedImage

If I configure the airplane to display GPS: GNS DUAL, then SkyElite works fine.

UserPostedImage

If I configure the airplane to display GPS: GNS 530, then SkyElite works fine.

UserPostedImage

…But, in case I configure the airplane to display GPS: GPS 100, then Sky Elite fails and doesn't show the GPS option. So that it seems that the bug is for some kind of lack of communication between both programs when GPS 100 is in use.

UserPostedImage

I think this is not a serious bug, as I think few people will fly with the GPS 100, an old device (and very ugly, by the way), when you can use a more modern GNS 530. At least I consider the problem solved.
Aviator
2021-10-11T11:31:31Z
Hello,

Thank you for digging inside this issue.

I want to add something that is explained in SkyEllite manual: SkyElite may not be 100% compatible with all aircraft in the market (or their GPS devices). And its not a bug.

SkyElite is using standard SimConnect Interface for GPS functions, and there are not alternatives so if an aircraft or GPS device is not compatible or exposed to the standards used in the SimConnect interface, it will not work, partially or totally.

This also means that a GNS 530 may work in one plane and fail in a different one, just because the way different programmers develop the GNS 530, internally may behave differently.

This is not related to SkyElite but the designer of the Aircraft. Only the aircraft developer can fix this, unfortunately, nothing we can do in SkyElite side.