pmb
  •  pmb
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2021-06-06T00:59:22Z
I would like to know what is the purpose of SkyEliteServer. I have a networked configuration and find both actions, i.e. starting SkyElite as well as SkyEliteServer on the main (flightsim) machine, do the same, i.e. feed the required data over the network for my two browser instances running on a networked laptop.

Is there any difference between the two in this configuration? I checked the docs but didn't find SkyEliteServer even mentionend there (which it, perhaps should).

Kind regards, Michael
Aviator
2021-06-06T07:33:42Z
SkyEliteServer.exe is the main SkyElite process that executes the web server. It is a command prompt window application that, if used, has to be minimized and closed manually.

SkyElite.exe is the launcher. This one launches SkyEliteServer.exe hidden, creates the icon and context menu in the taskbar, shows the server IP addresses and allow users to open a specific browser or to close the app.

Also, SkiElite.exe handles the actions related to the passed parameters /autoclose or /silent modes, so executing the server directly will ignore described parameters.

SkyEliteServer.exe is not in the manuals because should not be used by users unless indicated for support purposes.

Hope this helps!
pmb
  •  pmb
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2021-06-06T09:08:05Z
Thanks for the quick reply, that makes it all clear

Kind regards, Michael